Making the most out of your breast augmentation consultation
Have you booked a breast augmentation consultation and looking to make the most out of it? If so, then there are a number of things that you have to prepare for. A good place to start is to learn what you can about breast augmentation.
Now while breast augmentation is considered a fairly routine procedure now days, it is still a surgical operation. The decision on whether to opt for the procedure or not should only be made after considering the cons and pros that the procedure offers if only to make an informed decision. Of course in order to make such a decision, women needs to understand what the operation entails and what to expect following the procedure. A good and reputable breast surgeon ought to help you cover all that during the consultation.
Understand your breast augmentation options
There exist several options that patients will all need to decide on when it comes to breast augmentation. You can expect our breast augmentation specialists here at Australia Plastic Surgery to guide you through process and assist you in making the best decisions based on the results that you desire. Our breast surgeons are some of the best in the business and are all experienced in all kinds of breast augmentation. We offer and are more than capable of performing just about any breast augmentation technique and methodology in order to achieve the best possible results for our patients. Available options will ultimately depend on patient anatomy (breast shape, size, chest, etc).
Some options in breast implants include:
- The type of implant used for the operation. We almost always use silicone or cohesive gel breast implant for safer and more natural results
- The shape of the breast implants – round breast, tear drop or anatomic
- The texture of the breast implants – smooth or textured
- The location of the incisions to be made – around the areola, through the arm pit or through the breast fold
- Insertion of the breast implants – under or above the chest muscles
Check out before and after images
Take the time to check out our website for “before and after” images of our recent patients if only to get a good idea about the results that you want out of the operation. Better yet, show and point it out to your breast surgeon during the consultation! View Gallery >>
Now when looking at such images, take note of a few things:
- The shape of the breasts – do you prefer the “pushed up” look of round breasts or would you like something more conservative?
- The size of the breasts in relation to the body. Do you think it’s proportional to yours? Do you want your breasts to stick out or would you prefer something more subtle?
Take a good look at your own breasts before the consultation. Understand that women’s needs in breast augmentation are unique and that your existing breast anatomy (position, shape and size) will be a significant factor in terms of results. More importantly, don’t hesitate to ask any questions that come to mind – What are the risks? How much will the procedure cost me? How long is the recovery process going to take? Patients need not walk out of the consultation without knowing exactly what they are getting into.
Get in touch Australia Plastic Surgery today on 02 9561 0200 or 1300 004 008 to arrange a breast augmentation consultation and hear about what our experienced and highly reputable breast surgeons can do for you!